Born in Sacramento, California, I grew up in many different cities across the Northwest. The one constant in every home destination was always sports. Soccer, softball, basketball, gymnastics, volleyball, flag football....you name it, I played it. Finally, I settled into soccer as "my thing" in my pre-teen years and made it my main focus all the way through a portion of my college years. After what was perceived at the time as a career ending injury for a collegiate soccer player (torn ACL), I allowed soccer be something I loved and played competitively for fun, but no longer as a "job". Post-college, I was dedicated to staying in shape through as much soccer as possible and a serious commitment to the gym. After a while, I sincerely missed having a competitive goal that coincided with my dedication towards fitness, but had no idea where to channel that need for competition. That is when triathlon randomly fell into my lap by way of a suggestion from a friend to "just try it". On a whim, I signed up for my first race...a Half Ironman, no less. I was instantly hooked and race #2 was the full Ironman. As it turned out, it was far more than a race, but rather an experience and a journey that taught me to see myself and the world through different eyes. I knew I'd never be the same! I'm hungry for more and I'll keep racing because improvement is always right around the next bend in the road or within that next stroke in the water. As I train to swim, bike, run, CHASE after that ever-elusive race clock, I'm so honored to know I'll be doing it while representing the amazing Team WOD Gear, its high-quality products, and its community of incredible athletes. I AM WOD GEAR!
- Ironman 70.3 Timerman (New Hampshire) - 2013*
- Ironman 70.3 Lake Stevens - 2013*
- Ironman 70.3 Boise - 2013
- Ironman Coeur d'Alene - 2012
- Ironman 70.3 New Orleans - 2012
- Ironman 70.3 Vineman - 2011*
- Ironman Canada - 2014, Finish and PR
- To earn a spot and race at Ironman Kona World Championships
- To travel the world competing in triathlon
- To inspire others to apply relentless forward motion to every aspect of their lives...go after everything you want with everything you got!
FOLLOW ME @IronGirlKelly